Slovenian President, Borut Pahor, and Prime Minister, Janez Jansa, strongly condemned Russia's military aggression against Ukraine on Thursday.
“Together with our NATO and EU allies we strongly condemn Russia’s unprecedented military aggression against Ukraine. Russia must immediately withdraw its military and fully respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity. A no-fly zone over Ukraine has to be introduced,” Jansa wrote on Twitter.
Jansa will be attending an emergency EU summit on Thursday, but it is still not clear whether after that he will travel to Ukraine for a working visit, as previously announced, to express his support for Ukraine’s leadership.
President Pahor also strongly condemned the Russian attack. “It is a grave violation of international law and the UN principle of peaceful resolution of all conflicts. We offer solidarity with citizens of Ukraine,” he tweeted.
Montenegro condemns Russia’s aggression against Ukraine
Montenegro’s President, Milo Djukanovic, also strongly condemned Russia’s aggression against Ukraine.
“Russia is violating all the fundamental principles of international law, undermining European security, and jeopardizing its stability,” Djukanovic tweeted.
“We join the EU highest officials’ call on Russia to immediately cease the hostilities, withdraw its forces from Ukraine and respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity and sovereignty,” he added. The Montenegrin Ministry of Foreign Affairs has also called on Russia to withdraw its troops and respect Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. “Montenegro stands united with its Euro-Atlantic partners and allies in supporting Ukraine,” it said.
Meanwhile, Montenegrin media reported that because of the developments in Ukraine the government in Podgorica had secured food supplies to last for three months and fuel supplies for two months.
“All retail chains have enough food supplies and citizens can fully rest assured. This has been done because of disruptions to international markets caused by the Russia-Ukraine situation,” a government source told the local Vijesti.me news website.
Komentari ()Prikaži sve komentare